DURLAS ÓG…………………….. 2-7 
EIRE ÓG (Nenagh)………..…. 1-4

All roads led to Templemore on Tuesday evening last for the County Final of Feile na nGael against Eire Óg (Nenagh). This was a very entertaining match with skillful hurling being played by both teams. We got the perfect start with a first minute goal from centre forward, John Joe Bourke. Padraic Maher at full forward began to cause problems for the Eire Óg backs and in the space of five minutes he scored 1-2 from play to leave the score Durlas Óg 2-2 Eire Óg 0-0. The Eire Óg forwards were unable to find anyway through our resolute defence and further points from Padraic Maher (2) and Ciaran O'Shea brought us to half time and a scoreline of Durlas Óg 2-5 Eire Óg 0-1. The Eire Óg point was from a free in the eighteen minute.

A much improved performance was expected from Eire Óg the in the second half and the Nenagh lads didn't disappoint. They made some positional changes and tried their very best to find a way through our tight marking backline. We opened the scoring with a John Joe Bourke point but Eire Óg replied immediately with a good point. Despite increasing pressure from Eire Óg which resulted in them scoring a further 1-2 to our solidary point (Padraic Maher) the final whistle came and we were champions on a score of 2-7 to 1-4 and now go forward to represent Tipperary in the All Ireland Feile na nGael to be held on 12th, 13th and 14th June in Meath, Westmeath and Kildare. Our hosts will be Kildare club, Celbridge. After the match County Bord na nÓg Chairman, J.C. Ryan presented the trophy to the winning captain, Padraic Maher.

This was a very impressive team performance and all fifteen players played their part in this victory. Bill McCormack was very solid and dependable in goals, the full back line of John Shortt, Kevin O'Gorman and Shane Maher marked tightly all through and never gave their opponents time to settle on the ball. Stephen Dorney did all that was required at centre back and he was ably assisted by wingbacks, Jonathan Shannon and Patrick Leahy who had an excellent game in his first match following his recent injury. Michael Cahill was very commanding in the middle of the field and he got great support from Laurence Bourke. Centre forward John Joe Bourke and full forward Padraic Maher caused plenty of problems for the Eire Óg defence and got the vital scores. The wing forwards Michael Keane and Ciaran O'Shea and corner forwards, Kieran Morris and Liam Cullen were always dangerous. Great credit is due to the other panel members for their efforts and many of them played in the qualifying rounds and helped us to reach the county final.

Well done to the mentors, Michael Gleeson, John Dorney, Michael Kennedy, Fr. Joe Walsh and John Cahill who have done tremendous work with this talented group.

Scorers: Padraic Maher 1-5; John Joe Bourke 1-1; Ciaran O'Shea 0-1.

Team: Bill McCormack, John Shortt, Kevin O'Gorman, Shane Maher, Patrick Leahy, Stephen Dorney, Jonathan Shannon, Michael Cahill, Laurence Bourke, Michael Keane, John Joe Bourke, Ciaran O'Shea, Kieran Morris, Padraic Maher, Liam Cullen. Subs: Rodney Mason, Barry McCormack, Damien Grimes, Michael McGrath, Darragh Stakelum, Sean Smith, Brian Callanan, Brian Stakelum, Bobby Stakelum, Conor Ryan, Sean Molony, Philip Cullen, Darren O'Neill.