• Always play by the rules.
• Improve their skills levels.
• Appreciate everybody on their team, regardless of ability.
• Maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle with regard to exercise, food, rest and play. Advice may be sought if necessary from Club officials on this issue.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS SHOULD LEAD BY EXAMPLE:
• Adopt a positive attitude to their children’s participation in our games.
• Respect officials’ decisions and encourage children to do likewise.
• Do not exert undue pressure on your child.
• Never admonish your own child or any other child for their standard of play.
• Be realistic in their expectations.
• Show approval for effort, not just results.
• Avoid asking a child or young person, ‘How much did you score today’ or ‘What did you win by’ or ‘What did you lose by.’ Ask them ‘Did they enjoy themselves.’
• Never embarrass a child or use sarcastic remarks towards a player.
• Applaud good play from all teams.
• Do not criticise playing performances. Identify how improvements may be made.
• Do not seek to unfairly affect a game or player.
• Do not enter the field of play unless specifically invited to do so by an official in charge.
• Complete and return the registration/permission and medical consent forms for their child’s participation in the Club.
• Inform the coaches, and any other relevant Club personnel, of any changes in their child’s medical or dietary requirements prior to coaching sessions, games or other activities.
• Ensure that their child punctually attends coaching sessions/games or other activities.
• Provide their child with adequate clothing and equipment as may be required for the playing of our games including for example helmets, shin guards, mouthguards etc.
• Ensure that the nutrition/hydration and hygiene needs of their child are met.
• Listen to what their child may have to say.
• Show approval whether the team wins, loses or draws a game.
• Never attempt to meet their own needs and aspirations for success and achievement through their children’s participation in games.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS SHOULD ASSIST THEIR CLUB BY:
• Showing appreciation to volunteers, coaches and Club officials.
• Attending training and games on a regular basis.
• Assisting in the organising of Club activities and events as requested.
• Respecting the rights, dignity and worth of every person and by treating each one equally regardless of age, gender, ability, ethnic origin, cultural background or religion.
• Not entering team dressing rooms unless deemed necessary by the team coach (es) so as to protect the privacy of other underage players.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
• Know their child is safe and to make a complaint if they believe that their child’s safety is in any way compromised.
• Be informed of problems/concerns relating to their child.
• Be informed if their child gets injured.
• Complain if they have concerns about the standard of coaching.
• Have a say in relation to decisions being made within the Club.